In response to students’ requests, or when the opportunity presents itself, we will:
- At least once a trimester we will go on some kind of “field trip”; I personally gravitate towards long hikes in the mountains, but I will respond to the needs and personality of the class
- Read and watch interesting articles, videos, or book excerpts for discussion.
- Welcome interesting guest speakers from the community
- Write newsletters or engage in other authentic writing such as blogs or scholarship applications, etc.
- Practice public speaking
- Prepare for standardized tests (not, in my opinion, a great use of time, but sometimes necessary: SAT, CLEP, or whatever the student finds useful).